Monday, October 20, 2008

For a few years now...

I've been spending time online, searching for news, articles, interviews, blogs, pictures and videos of Kevin Costner. I save what I find for myself and I also post the links in a private group of about 70 KC fans. I love finding great stuff about him! And it takes up most of the time I spend online. But I am astonished and saddened by the sites I find where people have spent their time online saying bad things about Kevin and I can't help but wonder what drives them to spend what must be precious time (since I'm sure they don't have as much time to spend online like I do) to go on about him like they do. Do they not have enough to do with their lives? Do they do the same with other actors they don't like or just Kevin? Are they really that unhappy in their lives that they need to show themselves as jealous or envious or just plain mean? I'm sure they don't realize what they are showing of themselves by what they do. They don't see it! I mean, what is so deficient in their lives that they have to go on so negatively about someone they don’t even know? And someone whose movies they don’t have to watch? Or why they are compelled to let it be known that they don’t like him as an actor or don’t like any of his movies? Why do they think anyone would care what they think about him? Surely they could easily surmise that his fans don’t want to read their negativity. I don’t think they care about that. The only ones who would want to read what they rant about are those who think like they do. I’ve even seen a couple sites dedicated to bashing Kevin Costner.

I decided to start a blog of my own, putting some of the things I find about Kevin on it. Good things, of course! I am a fan of his movies and I am a fan of the man but I am more than a fan. I have a personal connection to Kevin that I won't get into here and now but I will say that it is a very unique connection. I would still be a fan of his movies and a fan of the man even if I didn't have that personal connection to him.

More coming soon.....

No comments: