Thursday, November 27, 2008

Quotes from Kevin Costner about his “day job”…..

From the interview entitled: Former OC resident Kevin Costner swings for the fences The actor put up his own money to make the political comedy 'Swing Vote' By BARRY KOLTNOW, dated July 24, 2008, Kevin says: ”My record isn't unblemished, but my way was steady. I had no contacts in the business, and I had no compass, and I came in as naïve as you could be. The first acting audition I went on, I wore a suit. It was kind of embarrassing but it's all I knew. I learned everything the hard way, but once I learned it, I never went backward. I didn't repeat the same mistakes.” You can see the entire interview and 3 pictures of Kevin at the following link:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/costner-ocr-didn-2104139-wanted-think?slideshow=1



From the interview entitled: Costner happy to play characters on the fringe By Jay Stone, dated July 23, 2008, Kevin said: “I enjoy the fun quotient in life. I know what work's about because I've had to work all my life, but I've always tried to make sure that my work had fun in it." You can read the entire interview at the following link:
http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/arts/story.html?id=274385f9-4452-4f3b-9a73-372abe87f848



From the interview entitled: Kevin Costner analyzes his most memorable scenes By Brett Johnson, dated July 24, 2008, Kevin said, "I'm known as being off-book,' meaning I'll know all my lines before a movie starts.” Kevin said of the movie ‘Field Of Dreams’: "I knew when I read it that there was magic in that script." "I also knew we had to run a thin razor's edge to pull it off — I mean, we have guys coming out of the corn and a guy having a catch with his dead father." "I'm very proud of it. I think it's our generation's ‘It's a Wonderful Life.'"The entire interview can be seen at the following link:
http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2008/jul/24/take-5/



From the interview entitled: Kevin Costner stars in ‘Swing Vote’ by Ruthe Stein, dated July 25, 2008, Kevin said: "People just think my acting was natural. They don't realize how hard I actually work at it to make it look natural. Certain actors that people think of as great, with great range, I imagine those same actors playing the roles I play. That's my own little exercise." "My life is just an absolute journey, and I have been unafraid to live it," "I've been bruised. I've had bites taken out of me. But I have taken some pretty big bites out of life. And I will keep on until the point I don't want to do it. I'll be pretty clear about what that is, I'm sure." You can see the entire interview and 2 pictures of Kevin at the following link:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/07/25/PKRC11P1TK.DTL



And from the interview entitled: Kevin Costner: Actor, father, rock star By Michael Janusonis, dated July 27, 2008, Kevin says: “I can walk down a street anywhere in the world and people will say, ‘Hey, Kev.’ But I have always been able to walk down any street in the world and have my life, although there are certain countries where they just won’t leave you alone. Italy is one of them. It’s relentless. But I end up finding a way of [going out in public unnoticed] because I want to do it. Otherwise, I would be surrounded by bodyguards.” ….…“My life, it’s been interesting. It’s been really . . . interesting. It’s been as adventurous as the movies.” You can find the entire interview at the following link:
http://www.projo.com/movies/content/artsun_kevincostner_07-27-08_BUATNRH_v19.275b109.html

No comments: