Monday, November 24, 2008

Some more KC quotes and a concert review…..


Quotes from Kevin to John Gerome of the Associated Press:

"This is as close to my personality as I ever get, playing live.”
“When I'm making a movie I'm playing whoever I'm playing.”
“But my personality comes out on stage when I play live.”
“That's when you see me the clearest."
"I never intended to make a record, I just wanted to play live again, but I wanted to do original material.”
“People heard the songs and approached us about it."
“I'm real confident of how we sound with an audience.”
“I'm real confident that an evening with us will be real fun and will be remembered."




And from the interview by Beverly Keel, dated November 11, 2008, at the following link:
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008811130351
Costner ranks playing 'Opry' with Oscar win
"It all goes under the banner of a real huge life experience,".… "And that's what I wanted in life, all my life. It has marked me somehow in a positive way. As you look at your life, you say, 'What have I done in my life? What have I been able to do in my life?' "There's a few things that would leap, I would guess, to the public consciousness — directing a movie, an Oscar, pitching a perfect game in Yankee Stadium, even though it was a movie, ride with buffalo that somebody hasn't been able to do in 150 years. And singing on the Opry, you have to know, is a moment. I know what it was; it is in my heart now, it's in my brain. "Then there's a whole list of things that no one will ever know what marks your life, like children… But this week has been a highlight."




And a concert review from Craig Alderman, dated July 22, 2008 from ozarksnewsstands.com: Modern West Who? My family and I found the concert one of the best we have ever attended because it revealed so much about an entertainer, a superstar, and in more attributes, just an American and very proud of it. He opened himself up to us through his music, and the crowd felt it. There is nothing more anyone could expect from any singer. Costner and the Modern West Band played for almost two hours, along with entertaining stories of Americana from his life experiences that we all can relate to. Keep your eye open for the Modern West Band; you will truly get more than you bargained for at their concerts.

No comments: