Saturday, January 24, 2009

Two Kevin Costner Interview links….

Kevin was interviewed by Sandra Sperounes, ahead of KC & MW’s concert for the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce’s Chamber Ball at the Shaw Conference Centre, last night, January 23, 2009. You can find the first portion of the interview at:
http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/culture/story.html?id=e75b3d2c-8e33-4ebe-8706-f12d8d90877e&k=35452
One significant quote from Kevin: I think if you boil me down, I've always just had a need to either tell a story, write a story or perform. That is what my DNA is about. I've had an unusual life -- I was a commercial fisherman, I drove trucks, I framed houses, so I've worked since I was 16, but I feel like I've seen a lot in my life and I just have a desire to play and to perform. Giving autographs and having my picture taken has not been a satisfying interaction with people. I mean, you think you know me on some level, and fair enough, but my wife said, "If people watch you play, two hours later, they're going to think something very different about you, Kevin." And I said, "Well, I would like that actually."


The second portion of the interview can be found at:
http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/pluggedin/archive/2009/01/23/quot-music-has-to-walk-between-the-raindrops-of-my-other-life-quot.aspx
Another significant quote from Kevin: "The truth is, I thought of Modern West and the band thought of Kevin Costner. I didn’t want my name to be in front, but the guys all said, ‘Listen, you need to do this right now.’ I’m guilty of caving in, but truly, we’re a real band. We all write and that’s the way I like it. I’m not a solo artist with backup musicians. I’m a person who contributes, listens and decides. I essentially break all the ties." "Music has to walk between the raindrops of my other life and my personal life." "The band would go out and play 150 dates a year. I can maybe take 25 and maybe it'll go up. It's just how people are receiving us and how I feel going forward.”

Thanks to Sandra for a great interview!! Be sure and check it out!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I have to ask, in Swing Vote, was that really him playing?

More Than A Kevin Costner Fan said...

You mean his singing? Yes. And he plays guitar too. I'm listening to KC's and Modern West's CD right now as I type this. I got the CD/DVD combo exclusive from Walmart and I listen to the CD quite often. I really love it!!